Candle Care & Safety Warning
- To prevent tunnelling, the first time you light your candle let it burn between 3-4 hours until the wax melts all the way to the edge of the glass
- Do not burn a candle for more than 4 hours at a time to avoid overheating
- When burning many candles together, place them apart to prevent an uneven burn.
- Keep candles away from sunlight and heat sources.
- We recommend extinguishing candle flames with a snuffer, this prevents smoking and hot wax from splattering.
- We recommend using a wick trimmer and trim the wick to 5mm before relighting.
- Keep your candle free of debris and wick trimmings.
- Always burn your candles within sight and never leave unattended
- Always burn your candles on a heat resistant surface and away from anything flammable that can catch on fire
- Keep out of reach from children and pets
- Avoid drafts and direct sunlight
- Never move a burning candle and ensure the wax is solid and cool before handling
- Never use water or the lid to extinguish a candle
- A burning candle should not be used as a nightlight
- A candle should not be burned for more than four hours at a time
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1cm of wax remains in the container
- Do not use your candle if the glass is chipped or cracked
Lillydale Candle Co does not accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of the misuse of its products.