Candle Care & Safety Information
- The first time you light your candle let it burn between 3-4 hours until the wax melts all the way to the edge of the glass. This will help create a burn memory and prevent tunnnelling.
- Do not burn a candle for more than 4 hours at a time to avoid overheating, additionally to prevent the wick from drowning we recommend melt pools no deeper than 1cm. Always wait for the wax to solifiy and cool before relighting again.
- When burning many candles together, place them apart to prevent an uneven burn.
- Keep your candle free of debris and wick trimmings.We recommend using a wick trimmer and trim the wick to 5mm before relighting.
- Always use common sense when burning a candle. Keep out of reach from children and pets.
- Never move a burning candle and ensure the wax is solid and cool before handling.
- Always burn your candles within sight and never leave unattended.
- Always burn your candles on a heat resistant surface and away from anything flammable that can catch on fire.
- Burn candles in a draft-free area, drafts can result in uneven burn and reduce the life of your candle.
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight, this also helps with preventing discolouration of the wax.
- Never use water or the lid to extinguish a candle. We recommend using a snuffer or wick dipper.
- Black soot at the rim of your vessel can be wiped away with a damp cloth.
- A burning candle should not be used as a nightlight.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1cm of wax remains in the container. We do not advise to continue burning your candle below this.
- Do not use your candle if the glass is chipped or cracked.
Lillydale Candle Co does not accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of the misuse of its products. All products used are at your own risk.